Thursday, May 06, 2010

Books, Glorious Books

Katy, TX has the most wonderful used bookstore. While most used bookstores I've been in have mainly used romance books, Katy Budget Books has a huge variety of genres available. We used to live around the corner from the store and it's one of the things I miss most about that area of town.

Twice a year, KBB has a huge sale of their surplus used books. Prices range in price from .25 to $1.00. A sale started today and I drove down there with the kids to be there when the doors opened. I usually concentrate on the children's section of the store since that's mainly what I buy these days. I could have been there all day if I had gone through the whole store.

This is what I bought today.


The grand total for all these books was about $22.00. The most expensive book was the book of Emily Dickinson poems because it was a hardback. It was $1.00. The copy of Homer's The Odyssey is a $35.00 book. I got it for 75 cents. I'm excited about finding Otto of the Silver Hand for 35 cents. There are some books in there that the kids picked out that I would not have necessarily chosen, but for 35 cents each, I figured it was okay.

The cost of all those books new? $305.00 I definitely think it was worth the 45 minute drive.

3 comments:

HeatherLee said...

That is awesome. I've always used the library because they are so good around here. But, as my oldest is getting closer to High School I might change that. I really want him to learn to highlight and note take in his books.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I wish we had something like that around here. I would love finding great books that cheap!

Contessa Kris said...

Oh my goodness! I wish I could find a superb sale like this around here! Need to find me some used book stores first! Yum pile of books.