Saturday, January 21, 2006

Recently...

You will all be happy to know that I found my planner. It was in the car. I LOOKED in the car a few days ago, though, and it wasn't there. I think it's a conspiracy to make me think I've lost my mind.

Homeschooling is going well, other than the occasional battle over math. Yes, you have to do it. I know it's not too hard because you did that same type of problem every day for the past 3 days without any problem. I know you're hiding a toy. Give it to me and get back to your math. No, you cannot go to the bathroom for the 5th time in the last hour. Yes, you have to take it with you when we go to pick up Ruthie. GET BACK IN THAT ROOM AND FINISH YOUR MATH! (not one of my better moments)

Ruthie's last day was Friday. She was slightly sad, but mostly excited. I'm excited, too. I'm enjoying this way more than I thought I would. I started because I felt it was what my children needed, but not necessarily what I wanted. (I enjoy my "me time".) God has truly worked on my heart.

Robert had the Pinewood Derby this morning. He placed 2nd!! Woo hoo!! In case you're wondering, it's all in the wheels and the axles.

My birthday was Wednesday. I turned 39. (I start counting backwards next year.) We went for dinner at Pappadeaux. We had lousy service, but got a free dessert out of it, so I was happy. Griff and the kids got me two Willow Tree figures - "Mother and Daughter" and "Mother and Son". I love them.


No comments: