Sunday, April 09, 2006

Spring Cleaning

Ruthie and I spent time Friday afternoon and Saturday going through everything in her room. Every shelf, every drawer, every basket. Everything. The kids have gotten to the point that it is honestly difficult to keep their rooms clean because they have so much stuff. So, I decided it is time to pare it down. Ruthie did a great job. She is really good at letting go of things for the most part. There were a few things I had to talk her into getting rid of, but overall it went very easily. Her room looks wonderful. We were able to get rid of her toy box and fit most of her other toys into her closet. Her room looks empty!

Next, Robert's room. I walked into it late Saturday afternoon and immediately turned around and walked out again. Goodness. The Legos, the Bionicles, the Transformers, the Hot Wheels. All those little bitty pieces are overwhelming. Plus, he is NOT good at getting rid of things. I am pretty much on my own for this job if I want to actually get rid of anything. I will, though. By the end of this week, he'll be pared down as well.

It is so liberating to let go of these things. For me, anyway. I'm not sure how liberated Robert will feel. :)

No comments: