Monday, January 01, 2007

A Blog Crisis

I am really struggling right now about what to do with my blog.
  • I do not update it often.
  • I have ideas, but never follow through with them.
  • I have other things that need my attention more than this blog does.
  • Writing is a struggle for me, and not something I enjoy. (can you say math geek?)
  • I get about one reader/day. Sometimes less.
  • I am shy about sharing my blog. (probably the reason for the number of readers) My family doesn't even know about it! (other than my husband)
  • I haven't figured out the "identity" of my blog. Homeschooling mom? Mother of a child with Asperger's? Christian mom? I know it can be all those things, but I feel it needs an emphasis.
However...
  • I love the idea of a blog
  • I really do have things I'd like to share with others.
  • It's a great way to keep track of everyday events. (Of course, I'm not using it for this.)
  • I want to improve my writing (and enjoy it!).
Right now, the cons are greatly outweighing the pros. If I don't hear from the few readers I have (I'm looking for advice here!), I'll probably call it quits.

No comments: