Sunday, August 07, 2005

These Old Eyes Ain't What They Used to Be

Back before I discovered the wonderful world of scrapbooking, I used to cross-stitch. I had this wonderful cross-stitch stand and made some pretty elaborate pieces. This, of course, was all pre-kids. I did birth samplers for both Robert and Ruth, but I haven't done anything else in the past 9 years. However, in the back of my mind, I've wanted to make cross-stitch stockings for all four of us. I've even been saving the patterns.

Somewhere along the way, my cross-stitch stand broke, but Griff was able to fix it a few weeks ago. So, now was the time to start. I got the fabric, pattern, and thread all set to go. I sat down last week to start, only to find that those holes are a lot harder to see than I remember! I've had to get a bit creative to see them. I think I need (oh, I hate to say this!) a magnifying glass. I really don't think I'm ready for reading glasses yet (I'm only 38!!), but for this project I may indeed need a bit of help.

Getting older stinks at times.

No comments: