Monday, September 24, 2007

Another Piece in the Narration Puzzle

I blogged here about my daughter's struggle with oral narrations. We've had some successes, but her skills are still not where I feel they could be.

A couple of weeks ago, I asked her if she wanted to try writing her narrations, rather than doing them orally. She readily agreed, but I didn't pursue it. Today, when she was balking at narrating the chapter she read from Our Island Story, I asked her if she wanted to type it on the computer. She eagerly agreed and got to it.

Here is the result. (click on image if you want to see it larger)



!!!!! Unbelievable. Absolutely unbelievable. The same child who can't remember basic facts when giving an oral narration gives me this as a written one.

I don't really understand it, but I'll take it. If anyone has any insight on this, I would appreciate it.

3 comments:

Meliss said...

Her writing is incredible! You know it is only fair that she balks at oral narrations for you when you've got it so great in the writing department with her. ;-)

Rhonda said...

melkhi...

She more than makes up for it in other areas! LOL

Rhonda

my5wolfcubs said...

No insights but that was great -- I really remember that chapter after read her narration!

Excellent work, Ruth!!

Lee