Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Our Day

This seemed like a busy day, so I thought I would list the happenings to see if it was as much as I thought it was.

  • School got off to a late start. I have GOT to stop staying up late watching Heroes on DVD.
  • We got history, Latin (our first day!), memory work, and grammar done. Grammar was kind of a cheat. Ruthie made too many mistakes on yesterday's work, so I had her do a supplemental worksheet. Since I'm keeping them together on grammar, Robert pretty much got the day off.
  • We headed for the orthodontist for 1:00 appointments. These were initial consultations, recommended by the dentist. Robert needs more work done than Ruthie, but she's ahead of him dentally (fewer baby teeth), so she'll get started in about 6 months. Robert has at least a year before we start with him. I'm glad. He can use the time to learn to sit still in the chair. Sigh.... Kids did math in the car.
  • After leaving the orthodontist, we popped into a toy store right next door. I love small toy stores. They seem to have the best stuff. We found Papo figures for the first time and we all fell in love with them. They mainly had medieval figures, which is perfect for us. I caved and let the kids get one each. Robert chose an archer and Ruth got a horse. I see Christmas gift ideas for the grandparents.
  • We got home and I let the kids have 30 minutes each on the computer while I semi-napped (remember the Heroes DVDs?).
  • The kids played with some neighbor kids while I made dinner (baked ziti- requested by Ruth). Not long after it came out of the oven, Robert came home and told me Ruth lost her glasses. Another sigh... I went out and we looked everywhere she had been and couldn't find them. The other kids said they would let us know if they find them. I hope, I hope.
  • After dinner, I headed to the store because we were out of dishwasher detergent. I bought myself a York peppermint patty while there. I deserved it. :)
  • It is now 10:00 pm. Everyone is in bed. The house is quiet. And I, not having learned my lesson, am going to watch another episode or 2 of Heroes.

1 comment:

my5wolfcubs said...

My kids have a huge Papo wish list at an online store...can you describe how big they are? Are they more Playmobil-figure size or more Lego-figure size?

My dh enjoys Heroes...I don't watch it, but he does excellent narrations so I can keep up with the show!

Lee